In this week’s production meeting we discussed both Project 1 and Project 2. Initially we were planning on trying an Avant-Garde film for Project 2, however, Alejandro came up with an idea for a documentary film. This documentary will revolve around one of his friends and her struggle to find her cultural identity. We are both excited about this project, and we talked about some of the things we will need to start working on in the upcoming weeks.
We also made a plan for finishing Project 1, which is the video we are doing about the Maker Lab. After we received feedback on Monday night for our rough cut, we decided to once again change direction. Alejandro is in charge of setting up a follow up interview with Mikayla after Spring Break, finding a third person to interview, and writing up a brief Project 2 proposal. I am in charge of getting all of our paperwork in order, as well as writing a new Project 1 script that reflects the changes we will be making for the final cut of this video.
Overall, I think it was a productive meeting. We both have a lot of work to do before the final video is due, but hopefully this meeting will help us both stay on track and get everything done on time.
In this weeks production meeting, we met at the library again. We discussed what we needed to have accomplished by Monday: a script for Project One with exact quotes, facts, and figures, as well as a solid idea of what we want to do with our Avant-Garde film for Project Two. Sadly, our contact at the library’s tech desk fractured his wrist, so our first order of business was figuring out how to move forward. Alejandro was able to talk to the woman who was working at the tech desk while we were there, and she was able to do an audio interview on the spot. At the end of the interview, we got her name and contact information in case we need anything other information or a followup interview. At the end of the meeting we decided that I (Kristina) would type up a transcription of the interview, and Alejandro would work on the script. Our meeting lasted a total of about an hour-and-a-half. I think this meeting was productive and instrumental in propelling us forward in Project One.
This week we met at the library to discuss what needs to be accomplished for Project One as well as potential ideas for Project Two. Our meeting lasted about an hour and a half. It was decided that Alejandro would be in charge of communicating with our contact at the Tech Desk and updating the “Character” slide of the look book, while Kristina would be in charge of this blog post and updating the Project One Look Book to reflect the new direction this project is taking.
First meeting of our capstone went well. We met at Cline Library for about an hour and we discussed ideas about the upcoming Cline project. We also took a personal tour of the Makerlab and got briefly introduced. It was very instrumental in our next steps of our project.